Zenith and Comcast Installation (Boston, MA area)

Old 08-24-04, 08:18 AM
Triciaa2474
Visiting Guest
Arrow Zenith and Comcast Installation (Boston, MA area)

Hello i have a question about my TV. it's a Zenith not sure on the model number at the moment.. It was completely fine 10 minutes before Comcast (the cable company here) installed their box on it. Now it has a green tint to everything no matter what it is, and even if you remove the cable box's connections it has the green tint now... messing around with the contrast and color bars have little to no effect. the cable company is telling me it's my tv but i just don't buy that considering it was perfectly fine 10 minutes prior to installation. Does anyone have and thoughts advice or possible solutions for this? it is very annoying. (must add here that the tv i have in another room a sanyo thats about 17 years old took the cable installation fine but yet another sanyo same year model and all that had problems with the volume they said it was my tv and i pestered them till they sent out a technician who found it was a faulty box and NOT my tv so i just don't know here....)

thanks tricia

Old 08-24-04, 09:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unfortuantly your Zenith has had a hiccup when the cable was installed.
I say hiccup for lack of a better term. The Cable signal caused your internal automatic signal level of the three guns to shift in the green range.
I have found out that by adjusting the screen control up a half turn and then backing it off until the retrace lines dissappear fixes some.
Also be aware that Zenith TV's are prone to do this if they are old and it could be just coinsidence it happened when the cable guy left.
The most common repair associated with this condition in zenith's are 3 bad resistors on the CRT card that give the symptom of a bad picture tube.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: