Mitsubishi power problem

Old 08-26-04, 11:28 AM
chrisbr66
Visiting Guest
Mitsubishi power problem

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi vs-45501 RPTV. Recently it developed a problem where I would turn it on and after 1 or 2 seconds it would turn off. I left the TV unplugged for a day and now it will turn on and stay on for maybe 4 to 5 minutes before turning off. I would assume this is some sort of power supply issue. My question is do I have to replace the entire power supply and is this something I could do myself. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Old 08-27-04, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cannot replace the power supply in your tv as it is comprised of many different componets.
I suspect you might have loose connections or more likely bad solder joints on some components.
This would be the first thing to look at. Inspect the underside of the circuit board for rings around soldered components.

Old 08-27-04, 08:55 AM
chrisbr66
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice, I will check the board for bad solder joints.

Chris

Old 09-06-04, 10:29 AM
Projo man
Visiting Guest
Check the boards carfully

Zigzag has a good point on solder connections. Check the boards very carfully for liquid from the CRT's. These models have a leak problem on some of the CRT's. Coolent runs into the boards causing al sorts of problems. Also does the set shut down completely or do you have sound?

Old 09-07-04, 12:48 PM
chrisbr66
Visiting Guest
The TV would shut off completely. The weird thing is the TV is working fine now, no more shutdowns. The TV is downstairs in a finished basement and the humidity has been pretty high the last few weeks. I been running the dehumidifier which coincided with the TV coming back to life. Is it just a coincidence or could the high humidity caused the problem.

Chris

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: