Room Light and Big TV's

Old 08-29-04, 07:08 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Room Light and Big TV's

This doesn't require a Pro to answer and I would like to hear from many of you members. My question is : In a large room with many large windows can you watch a large rear projection Tv during the day without having to close all the shades ? Is the picture considerably worse because of glare and or sorrounding light? Viewing TV's in a store dosn't give me any help as the conditions are set up for selling not reality.I have noticed that a lot of home entertainment rooms don't have windows is this why ? Would I be better buying the largest direct view that I can afford ?Shourly many of you out there have large TVs let me know what you think .
Have a nice Day
Phil

Old 08-29-04, 10:01 PM
coolball1
Visiting Guest
I personally don't think it would matter much what kind of tv you have you will always have to deal with a glare. We have a 50'' big screen and only two windows in the area but it cannot be watched from the couch from the glare on it. Also where I work there is a 43'' HDTV with a great picture but even so with two large windows in the room you have to pretty much watch it straight on for the best picture

Old 08-31-04, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil,

Glare and reflections can be bothersome for any home theater TV in a room with many windows.
Last Jan. I installed a Dishnet HD receiver at a lake home with unshaded windows. This was a rush job for the Superbowl and he just had his $7,000 plasma set installed. For the big game later in the afternoon/evening it was probably okay. But for general day viewing I wouldn't have given him 10 bucks for that smooth glossy screen plasma.

I opted for a 50" Sony Wega LCDPT set which has an anti-glare front screen. My set is on the same wall and between two large windows. Behind is one French door(sheer shaded) and it is no problem. From where I sit, one light in the dining room shows a slight light glare. But this is usually not lit while viewing.

Look for a set that does have some anti-glare properties. If certain windows are shaded the viewing will be better,

fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: