Sony Handycam DCR-HC18E: How can I copy to pc & edit?

Old 09-04-04, 12:14 AM
hariskar
Visiting Guest
Sony Handycam DCR-HC18E: How can I copy to pc & edit?

I have Sony Handycam DCR-HC18E (no memory stick). How can I copy what I have recorded Video & pictures) in my pc and edit it? Do I need an extra program? Thanks!

Old 09-05-04, 06:15 AM
D
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
This would be better posted to the computer section. The best way to transfer to PC is via the Firewire (also called 1394, Sony calls it iLink) interface. If the PC doesn't have this it can be added using a PCI card, if the camera doesn't have this then you could use the composite interface but the PC will need a video capture card to use this option. The camera should have come with software to do this capture, if not Ulead makes some great capture and editing software and has free trials available. www.ulead.com

Old 09-05-04, 08:20 AM
hariskar
Visiting Guest
Thanks Davejb, but can't I do this with the usb cable provided? The only think I can do till now is to use the usb strwaming tool to play the video in a small window. But how can I copy it to pc? How can I copy the still images?
I can not see the camera in Control Panel/Scanners and Cameras (windows XP). Should it be listed there?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: