Buzzing noise coming from new toshiba 4:3 tv

Old 09-26-04, 03:46 AM
Ellis123
Visiting Guest
Question Buzzing noise coming from new toshiba 4:3 tv

Hi all,

This is my first post here .

Onto my question, I recently purchesed a new toshiba 21" tv (Toshiba 21V33B 21in Flat Screen TV), all is working fine apart from when it's late at night and quiet I can hear a buzzing noise coming from the back right of the tv, it's very annoying.

Is this normal of new tv's?, if not would you recomend me taking it back?, or maybe there's a quick way of fixing this?, I don't mind taking the tv back off.

Anyway all reply's much apreciated.

TIA

Ellis

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-04, 08:07 PM
Peveus
Visiting Guest
I bought a TEAC 51cm TV in 2001 and experienced the same problem. I took it back thinking it was defective, though the return clerk at the store actually mentioned she had the same thing with her TV of the same model.

I dismissed it as a faulty line and reverted to my extremely old Sharp 48cm until it died a week ago. This time I bought a ROWA (I've never heard of the brand, but my grandparents had one by the same people thats pretty good, and I was only looking for something cheap). 51cm pure-flat screened TV. Everything about it is perfect but..... buzzing noise!

I don't think it's what time of day it is, so much as how loud you're hearing it. I'm not sure of the science behind it but TV always sounds louder to me at night, so I turn it down, and then I can hear it buzzing more. Seeing as the TV I bought in 2001 also made the noise, as well as my current one (both of which arguably had many more vents and what-not on the sides than my old one, allowing more noise to escape?) I believe it's a normal noise and I'm not going to take my current TV back.