DVR & SATELLITE

Old 10-01-04, 09:14 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DVR & SATELLITE

is there a way i can record on the DVR hard drive from the satellite while i watch another channel on tv? i keep trying with no luck. and the DVR doesn't switch to another channel when i set it to record with a timer. it only records the channel the tv is set on. hope i am making sense.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-04, 07:34 PM
D
Is the DVR and Satellite reciever....

two seperate boxes? If so then you could set it up so you could watch broadcast from an antenna while the DVR records from the Sat.

If they are seperate, then you may want to look at getting a combined unit. I have seen one that had two seperate built-in satellite tuners with a DVR built into one small box. This was for DirecTV though... and there was a small monthly fee for the program guide, but this would let you watch one satellite channel while recording a different one... and switch between the two programs at will! It could also playback a program while still recording it at the same time.

Old 10-04-04, 04:27 AM
B
The TIVO DVRs allow you to watch one show as its recording and record a second show at the same time. You can also watch a previously recorded show while recording two other shows. You need two feeds into the DVR to do this.
If you have a different brand DVR let us know what that is and if it has two inputs.

Old 10-06-04, 06:21 PM
J
jonmiles
Visiting Guest
Dish Network has a dual tuner 522 DVR which will allow you to record a show while watching another or the 721 PVR will do this too. Or you can buy several single tuner receivers and hook them all up to the same TV...