JVC DVD player - picture but no sound! Help please!

Old 10-15-04, 09:38 PM
silverlake
Visiting Guest
JVC DVD player - picture but no sound! Help please!

Hello! I have a JVC XvV-N40BK DVD/CD Player that has suddenly decided to have no sound! The picture is still fantastic but there is no sound at all. I have tried other DVD's and also some CD's but NOTHING!!!! I have looked at all the connections to my Denon surround sound and even have gone so far as to completely reset it thinking one of my children may have pushed the right sequence of buttons on the remote to really screw things up. I just finished installing my new surround sound speakers and am itching to get something going on! Thank you in advance for your help!

Andy

Old 10-16-04, 10:43 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You may have something as simple as a broken/crimped cable somewhere. Eliminate as many possibilities as you can by replacing the smallest/cheapest things first and working up.

Try new cables and see what happens. Try a different input on the Denon. Try a different receiver if you have one handy.

If you have a DVD player and receiver that support more than one audio type (IE: composite and digital, etc.) try using a different audio type (don't forget to change it in the receiver's programming.)

If none of that works, your audio decoder may be shot in the DVD player. If you have another DVD player handy, try it on the Denon (using the same cables, connections, etc.)

Eventually you'll find the source of the problem.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: