FREEZE - Or my TV will Shoot!!!

Old 11-12-04, 11:48 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
FREEZE - Or my TV will Shoot!!!

Strange problem with a 27" Mitsubishi at least 10 years old. Good picture and sound, even while the following happens:

Randomly, and regardless of the length of time the set's been on, it will produce a loud crackling sound almost like a gun firing! The set is used in meetings and once cleared a room of 30 when it started behaving like this.

As I have said: NO problems with picture or sound before, during, or after these holdups.

regards,

Jack

Old 11-12-04, 03:19 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jack,

Most certainly a connection problem. It can be caused by a bad solder joint (first suspect), faulty cable connection or cracked circuit board. The problem can be cured by finding the faulty connection and repairing it. I would not recommend you try finding the problem unless you are aware of the dangers (high voltage), above 20KV, that lerk inside your set! But if you do, a couple of light pushes on the circiut boards and wiring with a plastic push rod will reveal the problem. Again, I would not recomend this unless you know what to touch (only use one hand to probe and the other in your pocket) and what not to get close to. It can (no joke) reach out and grab you!!!

Good Luck and God Bless,
Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: