how do i turn my sony triniton on without remote Help please

Old 11-17-04, 05:43 PM
Bahaman
Visiting Guest
how do i turn my sony triniton on without remote Help please

I have a Sony trinitron TV and i have accidentally broken my remote problem is now i cant turn my TV on i am going to buy a universal remote but cant do till next week.Does anyone know a trick to turn the TV on without the remote?
thanks

Old 11-17-04, 07:55 PM
Dirtpoor
Visiting Guest
Well, aside from getting up off the couch and pushing the power button, you could also have your kid turn it on, or get a real long stick and whack at the button from the couch. GL either way,

btw OfficeMax frequently has universal remotes on sale free after rebate, Big Lots has them for cheap, too. Buy two or three for next you break them.

Old 11-17-04, 10:31 PM
Bahaman
Visiting Guest
lol

with sony trinitrons its not just a case of turning it on lol

Old 11-18-04, 03:49 PM
tuna_cats
Visiting Guest
a retort

well i had a problem with a hitachi tv ones. all you got to do is trace the recever for the remote back to the stand by circuit. on the front end of it there should be a transistor short the collector to ground. and it will be on. and you can watch all the reality tv you can stand.

good luck

Old 11-23-04, 05:25 PM
demonizedbudgie
Visiting Guest
Wink

with most tvs when they go into standby mode from the remote you have to press the channel up/down buttons (either one will do) on the tv front panel and this should turn it on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: