Need a part or part number ASAP

Old 11-25-04, 01:10 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking Need a part or part number ASAP

Ok a few days ago I posted a thread about a problem Im having with my Symphonic TVCR13F1 TV/VCR Combo unit, well today I opened it up and REALLY looked at it and I found that there is a broken belt in the VCR portion of the unit. The belt is about the size of a half-dollar and has squared sides. It is located in the back half of the vcr and is connected to a little motor and a bigger gear, Im not sure but I believe this belt is called the DRIVEBELT, please correct me if Im wrong? It would be a great help to me if anyone can tell me either the PART NUMBER or where I can get one. Here is my original post for anyone that is interested:

Ok I have a Symphonic tv/vcr combo model number TVCR13F1 Manufactured July of 1996 and the other night I turned it on and an odd static sound came from the back of it and after about 15 seconds it shuts off so i tried it on a different outlet and as soon as I plugged it in it made the same odd noise and after about 15 seconds it shut off again I cant eject the tape thats in there or anything, does anyone know what could cause this and how I can fix it?

Old 11-25-04, 02:54 PM
melwats
Visiting Guest
Mel

Take the original drive belt to your local electronics supplier. They usually carry a wide assortment and should be able to furnish an exact replacement. If you don't have a local supplier, check with a TV repair shop.

Old 11-25-04, 04:27 PM
demonizedbudgie
Visiting Guest
I have found in the past that rubber bands work well as drive belts. If you get a rubber band which is similar in size to the original it should work fine. The only thing is that rubber bands are not as strong and perish faster than proper drive belts, so your may end up having to replace the rubber band every 6 months or so. It should work fine until you can get the real part though .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: