Will a grounding wire help?

Old 12-08-04, 12:56 PM
jrock805
Visiting Guest
Will a grounding wire help?

I'm writing from the middle east, and I have a TV Power problem which I've seen a lot of around different forums, but my situation seems a bit different. The TV turns off on its own after 10-30 minuted of use, then I unplug it and wait a couple minutes, and it works again temporarily. And when it shuts off there's a lot of static discharge coming off the unit.

However, I have changed TVs and the problem persists, which leads me to believe it is a current problem, and not a problem with the capacitor/transformer/ D Board of the TV. All my other appliances work fine, only the TVs shut off. Could it be that the current here just fluctuates so much that the TVs are shutting down automatically? If so, is there anything I can run the power through that will regulate the current and so it doesn't trip the auto-shut-off mechanism in the TV?

Or maybe I can install a grounding wire? If so, how do I do that, exactly?Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Old 12-10-04, 09:13 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're thinking that it's power

supply flucuations, then why not try a computer type UPS with power correction? They use the battery inside the UPS to correct for minor changes in power.

This may be pretty expensive way to go, depending on the size of the TV and how much power it uses, but it should elimate the power quality from the equation.

My other thought is that you've checked to make sure that you're not running a 120V TV set on 220V power? A lot of overseas locations use 220V power instead of 120V used in the US.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: