shock


  #1  
Old 12-09-04, 05:19 AM
jaydaloss
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
shock

Can you get a shock with the plug out from a television and how can you avoid this if you are working on it
 
  #2  
Old 12-10-04, 08:53 PM
D
Member
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 539
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can..

capacitors inside the TV can hold a charge for a little while...especially the ones in the power supply area. Unplug the TV and wait about 20 mins for them to discharge.

The picture tube can give you a shock as well, DON'T mess with the thick black wire or the rubber cover over the connection.

Use caution and put safety first! Maybe use a meter to check for any residual voltage before you touch anything.

I'm sorry to be so general, but it depends on the reason for taking the TV apart and what you're looking at or trying to fix.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: