Zenith PVR4663RK 46'' projection tv repair

Old 12-23-04, 03:49 PM
autotech69
Visiting Guest
Question Zenith PVR4663RK 46'' projection tv repair

hello all,i have a 46'' zenith pvr5663rk tv,that has a dim picture and the convergence is out of wack after a few hours.i opened it up,and it has some corona discharge from the hv splitter.i can ajust the g2 focus and bring it back for a few hours then it goes back to problem.i went a head and ordered the service manual and got a good price on the hv splitter that comes with the g2 focus control.my question is how to change the hv and g2.like where the wires go to the crt's.i was planning on just cutting the wires and soldiering the new compnents in,except at the anodes to the hv spliter since they look like they will unscrew.any help is appreciated and let me know if i'm on the right track or if any one know what the problem is if this doesnt do it thanks in advance. Rob
p.s. i am an auto technican,and have good electronic skills,so lets gett this baby repaired.

Last edited by autotech69; 12-24-04 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-26-04, 11:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
By now you might of replaced that focus/hv block assembly and you did not need to cut the anode leads as they unscrew out of the hv block.
I have found that the replacement parts for this zenith can be bought the cheap way or the zenith way. By cheap I mean the HV/focus assembly can be had for around $75.00 and is an import from CHINA. The other way is to get the original Zenith part that comes out of KOREA but its cost is 3x as much. Have never had a problem with the original but some people go for the cheap and I found out from my supplier that returns on the CHINA made part are about 25% where the original Zenith part (Korea) had a return rate of 1%.
As far as those resistors on the CRT boards REPLACE THEM Now and save yourself a problem down the road. When you get your manual you should be able to converge your set electronically as this TV has dynamic convergence and by entering the convergence mode thru the service menu you can align the set. These values are stored in an E-prom afterwards but beware as you know skill is learned and this is not an easy procedure.

Old 01-01-05, 09:30 AM
autotech69
Visiting Guest
got hv splitter installed

i found once i got into it that the red wires from hv splitter to crt boards come out after you flip the lock tab over.i am replaceing all the r5102 now,red had al ittle halo effect.service manual i recieved is pretty good.this set has pots for convergence.and i need to generate the cross hatch to do it by the manual.i'm gonna use the generator i have on computer since my vid card has tv out.thanks zigzag for your input and all is appreciated.this is alot more fun than working at the ford dealer ship,may want to change professions.

Old 09-28-08, 07:19 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a PVR4663 and am looking for some help, I have the same focusing issues but do not have a manual, please can you help with the G2 setup?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: