Lost half of the stations!

Old 12-30-04, 08:23 PM
mark1
Visiting Guest
Question Lost half of the stations!

I have a RCA model #F31632ET; chassis#CTC187CK. I was watching a program on a local station (I do have cable), when all of a sudden the picture just dissapeared. I first thought that it was the cable company, so I just let it go for about an hour. I then called the cable company and found out that their was no outage in my area. I tried my TV in the bedroom and it was fine. I tried tuning in different channels. The channels between 2 and 50 will not come in. Channels higher than 50 (51 up) come in just fine. I then tried to reprogram the channels using the normal procedure. This did not produce a respectable result. Again all the channels above 50 work fine. I'm know watching the lower channels thru the vcr that I've got attached through rca cables. Is there something that I might be missing? I also tried a different TV on the same cable, it worked fine. Wondering if this is something I can fix myself with a little help from this forum, or am I going to resort to paying someone to fix it? If that's the case, I'd like an idea of what a repair of this type would cost. Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 12-31-04, 01:53 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how to fix

the TV. I assume that you set the broadcast type to "cable/ air" as required. My suggestion is to use the VCR to tune in all the stations for the TV. Leave the TV set for the VCR input channel and actually change your channels on the VCR. Hopefully somebody who know TV's better than I do will come up with better advice!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: