DVD recording

Old 01-28-05, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DVD recording

I have been asked this question and would like to get any comments on it from the other members.

I have a Sanyo DRW-1000 and I want to copy my archive of about 30 tapes to this DVD recorder. The first tape I tried to transfer came out in black and white with some color cominig in at times when I played back the recorded DVD copy to the TV. But mostly in black and white.
When I play the tape directly in the machine it come's out fine in color on the TV display.
Here is how I made my 30 tape collection. I have had 2 VHC cameras which I have used over time to collect my recorded videos. I would transfer the video periodically to full size tapes so now I have 30 tapes which are a copy of my home movies. These copies I want to transfer now to DVD. I do extensive editing while the machine is copying from tape to DVD.
Why is my final "product" coming out mostly in black and white?

The instruction manual for my DRW-1000 can be found on the SANYO website
www.sanyo.com and if you follow the links you can download the instruction manual. I have set my unit to record in the VR mode at SP and think I am doing it right. Any suggestions on howto get my recording to come out in color would be appreciated.

Old 01-28-05, 01:21 PM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm guessing the Recorder "thinks" you've got a macrovision video. I'd try using a video amplifier between your VCR and DVD-R. if that doesn't work, you can always return it.

Old 01-28-05, 01:36 PM
All in one unit

This is a all in one unit with the DVD and VCR built in.
Supposed to make the recording easy just plop in the VCR tape in the machine and the DVD is right their beside it.
Not trying to record store bought tapes just one's they recorded.
Interesting observation about "macrovision"

Old 01-28-05, 01:42 PM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I assumed you weren't trying to pirate tapes by your first post, but those all-in-ones are designed to be pretty sensitive to those anti-copy signals. if you can, I would try hooking up an external VCR, one way or another.

If theres a 1-800 techsupport number in the manual, you may give that a shot too. chances are, you aren't the first guy to have this problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: