blown stereo receiver fuse? need help.

Old 02-13-05, 12:11 PM
L
lottynyc
Visiting Guest
blown stereo receiver fuse? need help.

i have a rotel stereo receiver on which the left channel isn't working...is a blown fuse the likely problem? how can i find out if i have a blown fuse? if this is the problem, is it easy to replace on my own? also have a NAD integrated stereo amplifier that seems to alternate b/t the left and right channel w/one working while the other hisses or cuts out entirely. any ideas why this may be happening? would like to keep at least the rotel or the NAD and avoid buying a new receiver...both are too old to be covered by warranty (7-8yrs)...thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-05, 08:25 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Since noone else is responding, I will. disclaimer: This is not my forum, its only a hobby.
I don't think anyone is responding because Rotel is not a brand we are familiar with.

Look in the manual to see how to replace the fuse(s). If its "Greek" to you, take it to a pro. This receiver is worth trying to fix.

Old 02-16-05, 06:52 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This may be restating the obvious, but are you sure the channel is defective, and it's not a problem with an input on your source or some other component? One way to verify is to output radio to your speakers - no inputs involved.

Also, make sure you swap your L/R speakers and wire to verify they aren't the problem. Is your balance set properly? Try messing with the knob, sometimes they go out. Did you try your B side speaker outputs?

If there is a blown fuse in there, it is likely in plain view with the cover off. The cover is probably only a few screws and easy to remove.