Home Theater HELP

Old 04-05-05, 01:43 AM
Peachfuzz
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Home Theater HELP

Ok my old man wants a real TV room. He has right now a 26 1980's TV in a room thats main use is not for the TV. So he wants to make an unfinished room in his house a TV room. It is 20X14 and he wants me to put it together. So can anyone help the room is bair it has no sheetrock, carpet, or anything. I need info on what i should get, of corse I going to go Plasma or LCD and i also need to know intertainment canter and any other vital infomation. Money is an object but not terribly. Thanks -Max

Old 04-05-05, 02:19 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is your budget for:

1. the room?

2. the gear?

Old 04-05-05, 07:05 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please proof read your posts.
Are you looking for an entertainment center or trying to understand the jargon?

If you are going to build from scratch, then I suggest picking a wall for the TV and building the wall around the TV, so the TV screen is flush with the wall. Make a built-in shelf for the cable/sat box and DVD player and surround sound receiver. The latest issue of "Sight and Sound" showed a high-end room being built to give you ideas. With this set-up, all the cables are hidden.

Run speaker wire for a 7.1 set-up, even if you aren't going to use more than 5.1 to start.

You do want carpet and drywall. Insulate the outside walls before putting up the drywall.

Plan on at least $300 for a decent surround sound receiver.
DIY on finishing the basement will run $2500 plus carpet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: