Finding a demodulator

Old 05-20-05, 05:39 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finding a demodulator

The coaxial pin on my TV has broken off. But, my TV has the colored A/V inputs. Someone in another thread said that I need a demodulator. That way, I could plug the coax, input into it and use the colored outputs to go into the TV. But, I'm having a hard time finding a demodulator.

1) Does anyone know where I could get a demodulator.

2) Does anyone have any other ideas?

Old 05-20-05, 01:17 PM
B
If you can't find an old basic cable box that has AV outputs, you can buy a new stereo VCR for about $50 bucks that has a coax in and A_V outs. They make dedicated TV tuners that do what you want but they are about twice the price or more of a VCR.

That is probably going to be the only option if you don't want to spend a couple of bucks and replace the f-connector yourself.

Old 05-26-05, 12:23 PM
bobaftt
Visiting Guest
modulator

You can purchase what is known as a modulator at any electronics retailer it will do what you need to be done. I got mine on ebay for several dollars.

Last edited by bobaftt; 05-26-05 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I can't spell apparently
Old 05-31-05, 08:46 AM
B
No, please stop providing him bad information. An RF modulator allows you to connect various devices to the coaxial input of a TV. This TV has no coaxial input.

In order for him to still use the TV as a TV, he will need a product that can tune in the various channels he wants and provide the signal on AV outputs that he can connect to his TV. An RF Modulator will not do this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: