in desperate need of a replacement cord

Old 08-15-05, 11:00 AM
misty112
Visiting Guest
in desperate need of a replacement cord

I own an older big screen television made by rca. it was manufactured in 1992, and we have lost the power cord during a move. the model number is: P5215W1L, and the serial number is: 243380026. does anyone know where I can get this replacement cord? I have had no luck on the web so far. please help!

Old 08-16-05, 10:37 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can get a heavy duty extension cord cut it and attach spades or some sort of connection on the end that will connect to the tv's input. or you could open the tv up and twist the extension cords ends to the wires on the other side of the jack and cap them. WAA LAAAA you have a new cord.

Old 08-22-05, 08:47 PM
C
No, you cannot do that. It would be unsafe.

You need to get the proper cord, for the saftey of your family and home.

Old 08-23-05, 05:52 PM
S
Yes you can do that, if it is the proper gauge, safety wise if he doesn't leave bare wires hanging he is fine.

you want to challenge me on this, cuz you better have equations to prove your answer.

But then again i forgot electrical cords are magic wire, and he needs the exact one that came from the magical land that it was made in.

Old 08-24-05, 05:58 PM
C
He can do what you say, and it may work, but it is highly unsafe.

What is magical about the proper cord, is it has fittings to properly connect to the terminals, and insulate itself from the outside world, in operation and should it get disconnected, which you solution offers none of those protections.

Also, you could by violating board rules recommending unsafe practices.

Old 08-31-05, 07:41 AM
D
Go to this web site and find a service center near you. Do not use anything other than the MFG's power cord or direct replacement.

http://www.rca.com/service/findlocalexpert

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: