line across TV

Old 04-27-00, 07:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

The picture on my TV suddenly disappeared and now there's just a black screen with a bright horizontal line across the middle of the screen. What happened?
Old 04-28-00, 06:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

The correct terminology for this event is "Vertical Collapse". This occurs when the vertical drive circuit fails. The failure may be in the vertical oscillator or the actual vertical driver circuit. Another possibility (less common) is a vertical deflection yoke failure. The deflection yoke is on the neck of the kinescope (picture tube)and acts as a magnetic transformer to deflect the electron beam within the picture tube both vertically and horizontally.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: