vcr magnovox 4-head

Old 06-06-00, 09:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

My 2 year old son knocked the vcr off the top of my t.v. now the tapes will go in but will not come out or play. Took it to a repair shop 4 months ago, and the guy still has the thing, and I want to know if I can fix this myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-00, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Not knowing your experience with electronics and mechanics, I cannot give you an answer to that question. Dropping one of the consumer VCR units usually results in chaos in the internal drive. The tape carriage may be misaligned, tape sensors may be broken or jarred out of position.

In any VCR, the drive electronics has to know where the tape is at any given time in the tape path in order to function properly. When the tape carriage or any of the sensors are compromised, the unit will load and wait.

Knowing what technician costs are these days for VCR repair....and if you can find someone who will repair it.....it is about as inexpensive to replace the unit with a new one.

Smokey

Old 06-07-00, 10:47 AM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokey:
Not knowing your experience with electronics and mechanics, I cannot give you an answer to that question. Dropping one of the consumer VCR units usually results in chaos in the internal drive. The tape carriage may be misaligned, tape sensors may be broken or jarred out of position.

In any VCR, the drive electronics has to know where the tape is at any given time in the tape path in order to function properly. When the tape carriage or any of the sensors are compromised, the unit will load and wait.

Knowing what technician costs are these days for VCR repair....and if you can find someone who will repair it.....it is about as inexpensive to replace the unit with a new one.

Smokey
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You I just wanted to prove my point.
I thought that replacing it would be the logical thing to do.