sorround sound

Old 09-25-05, 07:44 AM
carson2
Visiting Guest
sorround sound

I'm remodeling a room and want to include sorround sound or home theater wiring.
Any advice or good sites that will help?

Old 09-26-05, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator note:
Members come here to find answers. We are not a referral site.

Last edited by GregH; 09-27-05 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Directing members offsite is not permitted.
Old 09-27-05, 06:52 AM
GhostD
Visiting Guest
What kind of room is this? Are you looking for in-wall wireing/speaker options, or as an introduction to surround sound can you live with entry-level installations that make use of perimeter floor-molding wire-tucking?

My introduction into surround sound was almost five years ago when I bought an open-box surround system from Sears. It was a Yamaha that included five small speakers and an equally-small subwoofer. I placed the speakers around the family room with the center-channel sitting on top of a 65" widescreen RPTV, and the subwoofer off to the right, sitting on the floor.

I ran all wires around the perimeter of the room, tucking them under the floor-molding where the carpet met the walls. Compared to the RPTV's internal speakers the result was terrific! I think I spent $479 on this open-box solution and it was well worth it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: