Hiding Wires In The Wall

Old 10-08-05, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hiding Wires In The Wall

Is there an instructional guide anywhere within these forums? Or can anyone tell me how? I got hurt on the job and I'm going to be out for about a month, so I have plenty of time to do some projects in the house...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-05, 12:18 PM
Are we talking about speaker wires? I installed a system once where the guy had floor standing front and rear speakers and did not want to make cuts in the wall (which is good because I am in no way the drywall king). So we removed the molding at the wall / floor joint (bottom of the wall). There was about a 1/4 in gap from the drywall to the actual floor, we shaved about another 1/8 to 1/4 off where needed because of the monster cable. Tucked the wires in, tacked them down every 4th stud and re-installed the baseboard molding. Had to do a little touch up on the molding but should be minimal if you take care in removing it. Make sure you use a carpenters knife and cut the paint seal between the molding and drywall. I assume the same could be done with crown molding at the wall / ceiling joint if you wanted wall mounted speakers.

Old 10-08-05, 04:59 PM
Search for how to fish wires in walls, The same methos an tools are used for power wiring as for speaker wiring.