Toshiba black screen/no screen problem

Old 10-13-05, 01:48 PM
mkck2
Visiting Guest
Arrow Toshiba black screen/no screen problem

I have a 2000 Toshiba TN50x81. This tv has been great up until 2 days ago. All of a sudden when the tv is turned on the screen is black / no screen. The strange thing is I have sound and all the other functions seem to work as well ie volume, channel, ant/video. Now when I turn the tv off I get a muti-colored flash which is about 4 Vertical inches wide and extends horizontally across the screen. It would figure that my 5 year extended warranty expired a few months back. If anyone has any ideas for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-05, 01:29 PM
Vertical IC

Your 5 year old projection TV has vertical problems. Find vertical Ic LA7833 on the board. It should be on a heatsink. Try tapping it lightly with an insulated tool to see of you have a bad connection. You can also look at the underside of the board for bad connections around that IC (integrated circuit)
Also suspect the capacitors around it like C301 and C302. Those capacitors closest to the heatsink have had the heat work on them for 5 years and might have gone bad because of it.