Cable Connection

Old 10-20-05, 02:41 PM
greycat53
Visiting Guest
Cable Connection

I wanted to replace my TV in the bedroom with a newer model. The new TV is a Dell LCD.

I have had the origninal TV, Cable and VCR connected in the bedroom for over a year.

When I attempted to replace the TV with the new model, everything was fine until I went to connect the cable and there was a white/yellowish flash with sparks.

The TV and the VCR work fine using the bedroom outlet, but each time I attempt to connect the cable I get a shock and or sparks.

The Insight Cable Co. have been here to check out the cable from the outside of the house. They say everything is fine.

I also took the Dell TV to a different location in the house with a cable connection and I didn't have any problem.

In addition I tried a multiple outlet strip that you could connect the cable into. I had the same problem with the cable. The TV and VCR worked fine with the strip but the cable threw sparks.

I could use any help you can suggest. Thanks greycat53

Old 10-20-05, 05:05 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you connecting the cable to the vcr and then from the vcr to the tv?

Do you have a cable box or is the cable coming out of the wall, no box?

What cables are you using to connect the vcr and cable to the tv - coax or composite (red, white, yellow)? Don't use coax to connect the cable and vcr to the tv - use composite to connect the vcr. IF you have a cable box, use an s-video cable for the picture and stereo (red/white) for sound.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: