Panasonic SC-HT75 home theatre - reads "no disc"

Old 11-07-05, 11:12 AM
cts24
Visiting Guest
Angry Panasonic SC-HT75 home theatre - reads "no disc"

We bought this system a couple of years ago because my family has had good experience with Panasonic in the past. I didn't have any bad experiences until last night (11/6/05) when, while watching a dvd, it froze then quit reading discs - It would at first try to read the disc, but now doesn't, just immediately says "NO DISC" or "----". It has a 5 disc changer but it won't read a disc (dvd or music cd) in any "slot".
It also gets very hot (to the point you can't touch it for more than about 5 - 10 seconds). The unit sits on top of our entertainment center, so it gets proper ventilation. I contacted Panasonic awhile back about this and they told me that it was normal and that the cooling fan is thermastat controlled.
Panasonic customer service was rude, on hold for 38 minutes for the 4th call before I just gave up. Tried to contact them via email but no response and no help with this problem.
We don't constantly use the dvd/cd player. It's main use is on the weekend to watch a couple of dvds, sometimes once or twice during the week. If it was under heavy use, I could understand it finally "dying" but that's not the case.
Has anyone had this experience or have any advice?
This was an awful lot of money we invested in a system to end up with an over priced radio (the am/fm receiver is all that's left in working order).

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-05, 04:33 PM
salazar44
Visiting Guest
hmm... my player actually had the error on the same exact day, nov. 5, 2005 (11/05/05). this is strange. another not unusual similarity is that I have also been holding for 30 minutes. hopefully this helps but it did not for me.

after getting through to customer support she asked me to do these steps.

1. remove discs
2. unplug unit for 10-15 seconds
3. plug back in
4. perform initialization (hold down "tune mode" on unit and ">=10" button on remote until "initialize" appears.
5. put in dvd and see if error comes up again.

like i said it didnt work for me. she ended up giving me information to a repair center.

tx, vic