DVD recorder not meshing with video

Old 11-21-05, 07:57 AM
DaGbyte
Visiting Guest
DVD recorder not meshing with video

The wife bought me a DVD recorder for Christmas. I don't have the exact model, but Panasonic DMR-ES10S rings a bell. It records just fine, but it does something r-e-a-l annoying. The audio track never falters, but sometimes, the video will slow down or skip. I thought it was just the show I was recording, but it does it for all the shows I record. Has anyone seen anything like that?? It's VERY annoying - so much so I haven't used it since.

If you're ondering what kind of hook up I have, I have a Directv DVR hooked up to the RCA inputs on the DVD recorder, which goes out to video 2 on the A/V receiver.

I haven't hada chance to peruse the docs that came with it, but am I crazy, or should it not do that???

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-05, 11:23 AM
DaGbyte
Visiting Guest
Called Panasonic and the guy I spoke with was clueless. "Gosh - never heard of that before"...

Long story short, while I heard him rifiling through the pages of the manual, I found a page that had new firmware you could download. I'll give that a try. He also suggested I use either Panasonic, Sony, TDK or Maxell DVD-R's. I'll try that and see what shakes.

Wish me luck...