Panasonic PV-C2061

Old 12-01-05, 08:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Panasonic PV-C2061

Was wondering why my Tv/VCR(purchsd 2002) makes this humming noise when turned on?
Its not loud. I notice when I turn it on more often, this noise is getting a little louder and its coming from the back. I've viewed many of the threads on here concerning tv's in gen. buzzing, but didnt find any specific info on my model. Should I just take a vac and dust it? or do you think it would require something done more serious. I hate to loose this Tv, its fairly new.

Thankyou kindly, Hope anyone can help me please.

joanna :glocke:

Last edited by joannajbm; 12-01-05 at 11:20 AM. Reason: better clarification
Old 12-01-05, 02:19 PM
Lightbulb Tv trouble

Do you have a cable box? If so, go to the setting of your cable box and set the volume in the cable box all the way up and then use your tv volume as your primary volume. Your cable box may need to be replaced. I noticed with my TV that if my tv volume is low and my cable box volume is higher the buzzing noise goes away. If you don't have a cable box - tell me what controls your volume the tv or a vcr etc....? Try it!

The Ladyfixer

Old 12-02-05, 04:44 PM
tv info

I have no cable, so no cable box. i have a remote that came w/the tv that controls the vol. and theres one on the tv itself for the vol.
the vcr is an added feat. rarely use it unless i'm renting movies.
could it maybe be placement setup in a home? would anything interfere wth the sound thru the wall or another appliance? (besides the microwave).

thanks for helpin me,
joanna

Old 12-02-05, 08:04 PM
more help

My daughter's tv does the same thing - it's a 1993 general electric though. It hums. Do you have any halogen lights - the tall lights that have open bowl at top and the light shines on the ceiling and walls? These types of lights if plugged into the same outlet as the tv can make the tv do this. some appliances can cause the tv to hum. I wouldn't bother with it - sometimes after the tv warms up the noise dissappears. I usually turn her volume up really loud and back down and it goes away.

The Ladyfixer

Old 12-03-05, 07:43 AM
jingle humm

nope no hallogen lights. heard they can cause fires easily, so i have my late husbands out in the shed now. well, i decided to move my dresser with tv on it over to the other wall. seemed like i never heard it buzz over there. my tv seems to buzz more, the longer i have it on. its quite dusty out here in Az so maybe it needs a good vac huh?

ho ho,

Old 12-04-05, 12:03 PM
still humming

I moved my Tv and thoroughly dusted/vac it out and still the buzzing goes on.
My friend at work says its prob a part. Was kinda hoping to fix it myself and save some money. Oh well. Thanks for responding to me. Happy Holidays too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: