DIRECTV codes

Old 12-14-05, 06:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
DIRECTV codes

Does anyone know what the code [s] is to program the remote for a satelite receiver? I had to replace my 11yr old sat box, and the new remote that came with it is very difficult to use [too many buttons and very small] I would like to continue using my old remote as it has less and larger buttons. I'm currently having to use the end of a pencil to operate the remote

Old 12-14-05, 08:56 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't know how to program th eremote but I had a different DTV issue. Go to the Direct TV web page (directtv.com). Go under the service section. You can sign up for a free forum there and there are a lot of knowledgable people who only deal with satellite TV.

I got an answer to my problem within minutes. And, no offense, it was a much more compicated one.

Good luck.

Old 12-14-05, 09:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks, I was trying not to have to call - last time 45 min on phone. Glad to hear their web site is quicker.

Old 12-16-05, 05:08 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
More than likely the old remote you have is either hard programmed for your old receiver, or has no compatible codes for newer receivers.

My best advice is to go shop for a recent universal remote you will like.

Old 12-19-05, 06:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
According to DIRECTV the receiver is too new for any of the universal remotes. They said my only option is buying a learning remote to get the codes off their remote. I looked at one [$35] it looked awfully complicated I'm trying to get used to the remote that it came with but it makes me want to do this to it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: