Need Help

Old 02-25-06, 12:31 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Help

I am looking for a distance learning course on designing and installing home entertainment systems. Does anyone know of any schools, if not how is the best way to learn about these systeme? Thanks

Bob

Old 02-25-06, 04:23 PM
I
The design and installation of home theater systems is an extremely broad and expansive field. It would help to know more about what you want to learn and for what purpose (is it just for personal use or do you want to get a job in the field) Do you want to learn about smaller home theater systems for someones living room or how to build a dedicated home theater or music room from scratch? Do you want to learn about current products so you can recommend specific equipment for different applications, room treatments and speaker placement for better sound or how to pull cable through walls and build seating, equipment racks and entertainmet centers? Or do you just want to learn more about the terminology involved in current audio and video technology?

Even without answers to the above questions, I would start by reading as much as possible online and / or buy books on the subject. There are plenty of other forums that are dedicated to home theater systems. One of the largest is www.avsforum.com. There are plenty of others if you search or let me know and I'll give you some others that I read.

-mike

Old 02-26-06, 10:06 AM
R
Home Entertainment Courses

Thanks Mike for the reply. I am more interested in design and installation of home entertainment systems. I will check out the web site you suggested.

Bob

Old 02-27-06, 08:51 AM
D
You might try CEDIA @ http://www.cedia.net/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: