No video to LCD TV/Monitor from 50ft

Old 04-02-06, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No video to LCD TV/Monitor from 50ft

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why I can only get audio and not video from a PC to a 15" HDTV LCD TV/Monitor using a 50ft RGB cable. I cannnot see either DVD video or any MPEG videos, can only get audio.

Setup:

ATI 7500 Video Card w/ DVI and RGB(VGA) output split to 2 monitors. 1 Computer LCD and 1 15"LCD TV/Monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-02-06, 09:38 AM
B
Did you tell the video card to ouput to the tv? On my ATI card I have to tell it I'm using a second monitor and actually switch to it.

Old 04-03-06, 06:07 AM
D
Not sure but what is the length of cable that video can be used before it needs to be amplified?

Old 05-27-06, 07:40 AM
D
Cable length

I work for a professinal AV installation company and we use amplifiers for ALL applications using desktop computers. The desktop computer video driver is only intended for about 6'. That said it seems you shuld get some picture if this where the issue. Move the monitor temorarly back to the CPU and use a 6' cable to see if it works there. If it does then you know your computer settings are correct, if not you need to go to control panel for monitors and set the second port to mirror the first.
If it does work when you try it locally you have two potential problems(1) you need ana amp(2)your 50' cable is bad.
Of course Murphy's law would have both things be a problem.
If you need an amp use an Extron P2DA2, this is the best/least expensive option $125.
Good Luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: