Volume control for remote speakers

Old 04-10-06, 06:02 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Volume control for remote speakers

Am in the process of doing a small reno on my kitchen (well it started small anyways). One of the things am planning to include are stereo speakers in the ceiling. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to add a volume control inline so wouldn't have to run down to the receiver everytime wanted to raise or lower volume. However, also don't want to blow my amp by using a normal dimmer switch for lights. Is there a something commercially out there that could be used? A switch/control on the wall would be ideal and what I have in mind, but would have to look decent since it is a kitchen. Maybe should mention that I would be hooking up to a Denon AVR-686 and the in-wall speakers are Polk LC60i's. Any help would be appreciated. Tks.

Old 04-11-06, 06:45 AM
I
There are lots of different choices. One kind gets installed in a wall and is the size of a standard switch box. They can have rotary or slide controls. Here is a link with lots of choices.
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....TOKEN=25629263

Another kind is a standalone box that does not get installed inside of a wall. Here is an example.
http://www.smarthome.com/82802.html

I think Home Depot or Lowes should carry the first kind and Radio Shack, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. may carry the second kind.

-Mike
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen."

Old 04-28-06, 09:12 AM
D
Just wanted to take a second and say thanks for your help here. These sites are just what I was looking for.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: