Jumbled voices in rear speakers

Old 05-19-06, 11:18 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jumbled voices in rear speakers

I have a 5.1 surround system, they may have always been this way, but I just noticed the dialogue from the back speakers is not clear, kind of robotic, computerized sounding voices. I know that the rear speakers are primarily for sound effects, etc, and the dialogue primarily comes from the front and center.

The sound from the front is fine, and I'm getting good sound effects from the rear, so should I be concerned that I didn't hook them up correctly? This is the first surround system I have hooked up.

Old 05-21-06, 09:47 AM
B
Are you listening to a multi-channel audio?

Do you have the surround set to "all channel"? I can set muy receiver to "all channel" where stereo (or mono) comes out on all the speakers.

What is the system?

Old 05-21-06, 08:43 PM
S
Yes, on my system it is called 6 channel stereo. I'll set it to that now that I know what it means. I'm a novice at this stuff, but beginning to figure it all out. A/V receiver is a Pioneer 515-vsx.

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-22-06, 10:36 AM
J
You can swap the rear speakers and run them as the fronts and see if the sound is crisp and clear just to rule out any speaker damage. If it sounds like that because you are watching a stereo show and decoding it to surround that could be the problem also. Try different surround formats like neo, DD, DDII and see if it sounds the same.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: