looking for good front spks

Old 05-20-06, 08:56 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
looking for good front spks

Looking for a couple good front speakers better than what I have now. I have a set that came with a system that I bought from sam's club, (RCA speakers) any suggestions would help.

Old 05-22-06, 10:30 AM
J
What do you want spend? Are you looking to buy small or large speakers? Will you be using a sub? Do you have anything in mind? If so what?

Old 05-22-06, 12:03 PM
B
Well like johny2050 says you really need to give more info on what you are trying to do.

Do you want really good speakers that you can build your system off of ?

Do you want cheap bookshelf speakers that sound good to replace blown speakers?

Old 05-26-06, 03:38 PM
M
I assume that you are looking for good speakers that are priced less than a new car. The best brands that have fpeakers like that are JBL, Axiom and maybe Polk Audio. Do not buy speakers by Sony they look ok and are cheap but sound just horrible.

JBL's run about $250 to 300 a piece and sound pretty good for the price.

Old 05-26-06, 05:43 PM
Stuntman048
Visiting Guest
I agree with Marclar, the JBL's are nice. Now the other question: how much output does that receiver do and/or are you looking to upgrade the receiver. If the unit was an HTIB (Home theater in a box) with the receiver/DVD unit together, those units don't usually pump out much wattage. Those JBL's would be overkill for what that receiver produces. I agree that the Sony speakers sound like crap. If you want to go in between the JBL's and sony's look at the Yamaha bookshelf speakers. In my opinion, they sound better than the Sony's by a long shot, but don't quite pack the punch and crispness of the JBL's or even Klipsch speakers.

Good luck and hope this helps,

Stuntman

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: