out door speakers

Old 06-03-06, 08:07 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
out door speakers

I was looking to get a pair pf outdoor speakers for my deck, and was wondering if anyone had a preference of brand that is not too expensive ($250+). Also what should i look for when picking a speaker to get the best sound?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-06, 06:38 PM
M
do looks count?

Do looks count the reason I ask is because I seen some that look like rocks I do not know how they sound, Sold at Costco and then there are some out door speakers bose makes check out there web site.

Old 06-04-06, 05:40 AM
Stuntman048
Visiting Guest
JBL makes some decent outdoor speakers for around 299. Yamaha has some nice ones too for around 200 or less. The thing I've noticed with outdoor speakers is that there isn't alot difference between some of the upper brands. It's an outdoor speaker; your sound isn't as focused as it is inside. Just run 14-16 gauge wire and you should get decent sound.

Hope that helps,

Stuntman

Old 06-29-06, 10:44 AM
J
Polk Audio makes 2 different outdoors speakers in that price range, the Atrium55 and the slightly less expensive Atrium45. I own the 45s for about 3 years and they have been trouble-free. Mine are mounted under the roof overhang and have been subjected to northeastern weather conditions (NJ/PA border).