How High is Your Plasma TV Mounted?

Old 06-09-06, 04:23 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How High is Your Plasma TV Mounted?

My 50" plasma's bottom edge is 51" above the floor and the viewing couch is 14-15' away. Dead center is 67" above the floor. I think it needs to be a little lower, but my center speaker stand is directly beneath it, so I can only lower the TV maybe 5-6".

Old 06-09-06, 04:50 PM
Stuntman048
Visiting Guest
Is it over a mantle or just on a blank wall? If it's over a mantle, that seems like a fine place to be for me. Heck even on a blank wall, it's still ok IMHO. I've installed tons of plasmas that high or even higher. The only thing I would recommend is that you have a tilt bracket so you can tilt the picture down towards ya slighty. Otherwise, the old saying goes " If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

If it is straining your eyes to look at it, then lower it or put a tilt bracket on it.

Hope this helps,

Stuntman

Old 06-09-06, 07:18 PM
R
Stuntman,

Thanks for the reply. It's on a plaster wall w/ a tilt mount. I've surveyed visitors and their opinions are mixed. My parents were the ones who complained the most, although they spent the most time watching it, even more than me.

I have to pull it down anyway to install an S-video cable. It's just replastering the holes if I lower it, although they won't be visible, but if I don't repair the sheetrock then, it would never get done.

R

Old 06-13-06, 07:45 PM
C
Rule of thumb:

Your eyes should be looking ideally at an line 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen, or generally the middle thrd of the screen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: