HELP! Any Ideas DVD Recorder

Old 06-20-06, 06:25 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HELP! Any Ideas DVD Recorder

Have had a dvd recorder for 2 years and only now have set it up as a DVR. The dvd recorder is a philips and has a tv guide program that setup the tv channel guide. TV Guide programmed but I had to go in and manually input certain channels. The tv that the dvd player(which is connected to the antenna)is connected to would receive channels 2-61. The tv guide will only go from channels 2-21 and did not pick up the channels that I manually programmed in. Is there an extra setup I would need to receive the extra channels(27-54). Figured I would try this route before I call Philips again since my dvd player is out of warranty(even though I have an extended warranty) and I would have to pay $15 for this question and they give no guarantee they could help. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 06-20-06, 06:43 AM
I would check in the settings on the DVD recorder to make sure your source is set correctly. It probably should be set on cable rather than antenna.

What is the model # of your recorder?

Old 06-20-06, 12:28 PM
M
Model

It's a Philips HDRW720

Old 06-20-06, 01:36 PM
Looking online, I see that many people have had problems with the TV guide portion of this recorder.

Did you check the setting for the cable source in the menu?

I also read something about selecting the station group when you setup the tvguide. Double check that you selected the correct group.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: