Recommendations for HDTv antenna

Old 11-12-06, 08:13 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for HDTv antenna

I have a samsung HDTV 32" no cable or Direct TV I currently use an indoor antenna - it's okay but at times frustrating. I'm thinking about an outdoor one any recommendations?

Old 11-13-06, 07:12 PM
T
TV antenna

There is no difference between Analog TV and HDTV antennas. They have to cover both VHF and UHF bands anyway. Today, most HDTV stations are on UHF band, so companies are selling "HDTV" antenna ( mostly UHF). Radio Shack has numerous outdoor antennas ranging from $30-$100. Home Improvement stores like Menards (for sure has 2-3), Lowe's and Home Depot may have them also. Some well known companies like Channel Master, Winegard also has distributions for their products.

If you live within 10-20 miles from the stations, you can live with small antenna. The bigger one (>120 inch in length) is needed if you want to receive stations >30 miles away.

Some you could put in the attic with less effort. If the signal is not strong and you have many TVs sharing the antenna, then a Antenna Preamp is needed. These units also are ranging between $20-$70.

Good Luck

tulam

Old 11-14-06, 05:54 PM
B
DirecTV is rolling out more local HD channels every week. If they aren't available in your area yet, they soon will be.

Old 11-14-06, 08:15 PM
T
Go to www.antennaweb.org and input your address (not just your zip). Then copy and paste the results back here in your reply, this will give me a good idea what antenna to recommend.

Also are you just looking for digital stations (including HD) or do you want analog as well - if your TV has an anlog (NTSC) tuner??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: