Mitsubishi Projection TV with dots on screen

Old 01-16-07, 01:03 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Projection TV with dots on screen

One of my friends has a 4 year old rear proj HDTV model WS55711 that now has a red dot and a green dot in the middle of the screen. Any ideas??? I am not familiar with this set.

Thanks

Old 01-29-07, 05:53 AM
red and green dots = snow

Hi, A few questions for you. Does your friend see the dots for DVD player, video game, VCR etc.? From what I'm finding out these dots are equivalent to what we call snow on a regular TV. Do they dissapear if your friend changes the channel and come back again? Is your friend using Cable or Satellite - the signal may be weak or they might have too many splitters in the house. Please keep me informed as I am having similar problem with a new DLP set and finding the cause to be the cable box or the signal. Thanks, I hope this helps. The Ladyfixer.

Old 01-30-07, 08:12 AM
N
dots

There are only 1 red and 1 green dot in the middle of the screen. The problem you are talking about I believe would show more than one, and all three colors.
Thanks

Old 01-30-07, 03:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It "may" be burnt pixels.

I know you are thinking, "this is a projection and not a tube", but, there are actual pixels on projection TV's. They are not mounted on the screen like typical CRT tvs. Projection televisions have these "pixels" on a screen mirror behind the glass and near the projection guns. It is hard to explain.

This is not a DIY repair. It can be extremely dangerous to DIY. There is a lot of amps and voltage in that area of the TV that may still be stored even though the TV is unplugged.

Call a repair guy. It may cost some money, but the work and part will be warrantied.

Old 01-31-07, 12:01 AM
N
My background

I worked on TV's for about 10 years off and on for a living, now just as needed and to help friends. I can deal with the HV - been in there many times. Just not familiar with the setup on this projection tv and what to look for. Is the screen a separate and replaceable part, or is it part of the prjection tubes?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: