Mitsubishi 50" VS-50705 clicks/won't turn on

Old 02-04-07, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi 50" VS-50705 clicks/won't turn on

I have a Mitsubishi VS-50705 which is about 6 years old. It was in storage due to a move, and worked fine for the satellite installers up until a few days ago. We hadn't really used the TV since the install at all (we're just finishing a move). My wife's parents (who gave us the set) were average TV watchers and it worked fine for them for years.

Anyway, a few days after the installers came, the TV just "clicks" when we turn it on. The timer light is green for a half second and then goes off. In addition, while we try to turn it on, we don't see anything on the screen or hear anything other than a few "clicks" as if it's trying to start.

A friend said that he thought it was a bulb as "that was the problem" on his (different model) when it went, but I'm not too sure about that.

I have no problem trying to fix it myself, and would love any suggestions. I've read the thread, and am learning a lot, but it's hard to decipher what is meant for my set vs. others.

Thanks in advance!

-Marty

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-07, 08:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I doubt it's the light guns. The TV set would still turn on. Was the set dropped at all during the moves? A slight fall, a few inches, could have caused the board to crack. There also might be a power amp problem.

I would recommend calling a service repair guy. Projections usually need service at the 5-6 yr mark.

Old 04-20-08, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the help Mark! Thought that I had replied already. Had a service guy come in and although it hadn't been dropped or anything, apparently some acid had dropped onto the board rendering it inoperable. Unfortunately, Mitsubishi (or anyone else) stocks replacement boards for that particular model. Lucky me. What a waste... I'm surprised being that it was relatively new, parts weren't available. I called around myself and did verify that the parts just weren't there.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Old 04-20-08, 07:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thanks for posting back, but sorry to hear you had to heave the unit. They don't make units like they used too. Everyone is going to LCD/Plasma and no longer manufacturing parts for older sets. If you still have the set, look in for sale type adds for the same model. You could use it to cannibalize parts.

Old 07-02-09, 08:02 PM
Smile i am new here

i don't know how to post a new thread so if anyone would like to pm me n let me know how to do it

i have a mitsubishi model #vs-60705 n it wont turn on u can hear the clicking sound
when i press the menu n input buttons together the light blinks 2 than 3 if anyone knows what it means n how can i fix my t.v. i greatly appreciate it