Connect Marine Stereo in BBQ Island??

Old 03-25-07, 04:30 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connect Marine Stereo in BBQ Island??

Hi, all, I am a new poster and I hope you can help me. I am in the process of building a BBQ Island, and want to have a stereo/CD player built in. I have purchased a marine stereo system, and it just dawned on me that it is suppoed to be connected to the 12v battery on a boat. Yet I have 110v running to the BBQ Island. Can I still connect the marinoe radio and, if so, how? If not, an recommendations as to what type of stereo system to buy?
Old 03-26-07, 05:26 AM
mattison's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cinti, OH
Posts: 5,315
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can buy an inverter to change the 110VAC to 12VDC.
Old 03-26-07, 12:27 PM
Pendragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,767
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Check the amp rating of the stereo and buy a 12v power brick that will produce at least that much. Even better if you can find a 14v brick.
Old 04-09-07, 06:48 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,309
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
regulated power supply

You can get a 12 volt power regulated power supply that plugs into the wall.
Just be carefull they are not waterproof so you might want to take it inside when the weater gets bad. About 60 dollars unless you find one at a yard sale.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: