DVR and HD networking

Old 04-05-07, 07:26 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wink DVR and HD networking

My question is, "Can I network a regular dvr with a hd receiver?" Instead of buying the dvr/hd combo receiver, I wonder if there is a way that I can just get a hd receiver and hook up both and get all the features of both on one tv. It's a $300 difference at the moment. THX

Old 04-06-07, 03:08 PM
B
The big difference (or was) is the capacity. An HD DVR can store 35 or more hours of HD programming. A regular DVR, whaile it can store 40 or so hours of REGULAR programming, can only store about an hour of HD programming. Yes, HD has that many more bytes.

Old 04-10-07, 02:56 PM
C
If you are taling about an HD receiver and a non HD-DVR, you can get HD or you can get DVR.

You would hook the HD directly to one input on your TV to get HD, and the SD-DVR to another input on your TV to get DVR on the SD channels.

To DVR the HD channels, you need to shell out for an HD-DVR.

That is a rather generic answer since it is not specified what the provider or equipment is, but the core point applies to pretty well all platforms.

Old 04-11-07, 07:25 AM
B
Ok, well it's directv. I was just wondering if I could get around the buying a whole new receiver. Thanks for the answers as they have been helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: