Sony Wega XBR 40in tube-TV problem

Old 04-12-07, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sony Wega XBR 40in tube-TV problem

Problem start last week, TV won't turn on right after I shut it down, further investorgation, I found a paper clip inside the memory stick slot( I have a 2 years old).

So I pull it out and tv still doesn't work, have the tv unplug for about 5 hours, it turn on fine and just work like normal, but same syntom, won't turn on right after I turn it off, I have to unplug and wait ~ 5hours to get it to work again.

Until yesterday, it is totally dead no matter what I do, please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-07, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 266 Votes on 241 Posts
#1 Keep your kids away from the TV (my boss once found a PB&J sandwich inside his new VCR). I've got an XBR800 and love it.

Do you really have to wait 5 hours before the TV will turn on again, or will it come on after being unplugged for 5 minutes?

Is there anything else in the Memory Stick slot?

Are you really up to the challenge of taking that set apart and messing around with the parts inside?

Old 04-14-07, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, I already have someone came my house and repair the TV, cost me $450, the repairman told me it is a design problem with the high power circuit, I saw him remove something and solder a new one back right behind the DVI-video7 port, also using a multi-meter to check behind the right side speaker(viewing from the front of the screen).

Old 05-10-07, 08:29 PM
Sony Xbr 40 Inch

I Just Got The Same Problem Too, Tv Wont Turn On. Totally Dead. Damn Sony , Sucks. You Would Think They Would Make Good Tv;s/ Anyway, Does Anyone Know How To Get The Part And What I Should Do?