vcr

Old 06-21-07, 04:54 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question vcr

I am trying to figure out how to set my vcr to video in order to record from my tv. I am using a/v cables and have an inside antenna that is connected to the vcr. When I use the tu/av button I get a blank screen. Am I suppose to get a blank screen when setting the vcr to video. I am trying very hard to record from the tv to the vcr but it seems the only time the vcr will record is when the tv is on.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-07, 05:01 PM
You should have a button on the remote for the tv that says input. You will push that untill you see the vcr come up on the screen. The easiest way is to put a tape in and hit play, then push the input button for the tv till you see the tape playing.

Old 06-21-07, 05:36 PM
F
Wink

Thank you, I will try that. Have a great day

Old 06-21-07, 05:44 PM
F
OK, I hit the input button and a black screen came up and in green it said
video 1 and I hit it again and it said video 2. I hit it again and the tv came back. Was I suppose to do something when the black screen came up that says video 1 or video 2? Thank you for your help.

Old 06-21-07, 08:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You hit the Input/source button for the TV, when there should be the same button for the VCR.

Also, if you have the antenna directly connected to the VCR, you have to change the channel to the station you want to record on the VCR.

Your TV should be on channel 3 during this so you can actually see what you are recording.

Old 06-22-07, 04:47 AM
That's why I said to play a tape while you are hitting the input button. If you are using the a/v plugs it should show up. The a/v's on the front of the tv will be one of the videos and the ones on the back will be another of the videos "normally".

Like HotinOKC said if you're using the coax cable you need to put the tv on "usually" channel 3.

Old 06-23-07, 05:27 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
"I am trying to figure out how to set my vcr to video in order to record from my tv."

Are you sure the TV has video outputs? Most older TVs don't. You may have to run the RF cable directly into the VCR and then out to the TV.

If the TV does have A/V outputs, you won't be able to watch the output of the VCR on the TV while you record. The VCR will record whatever the TV sees provided the VCR input is set to "line".

If at the same time the TV is set to the VCR input, you'll create a feedback loop: TV-to-VCR-to-TV-to-VCR. The VCR won't like it, and the instability will cause the VCR to revert to its blue screen.

Old 06-23-07, 04:25 PM
F
Thank you. The TV does not have "outputs" only "inputs"
The antenna is connected to the vcr and the vcr is connected to the tv.
I think as long as I have it on the channel I want to record it should record.
One day I will get another tv and hope to get a dvd recorder and I will probably be asking how to hook those up. I don't have cabel tv............I can't afford it. I just like recording a show when I know I won't be home at the time it is on. I really appreciate everyone's help with this problem.
I'm going to test it out tonight and set it to record a show and turn the tv and vcr off and hopefully it will record. Again.......everyone has been very helpful and I do appreciate it very much. I will let you know what happens.

Old 06-27-07, 06:21 PM
F
I actually programmed the vcr to record two different programs on two different stations and turned off the tv and vcr. It recorded both programs.
I can't beleive I have my vcr up and running. Thanks so much for all of the help.