mitsubishi 62inch projection tele

Old 07-09-07, 05:06 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy mitsubishi 62inch projection tele

help !!! we purchased our tele 2 years ago , about 6 months ago we would turn our tv on and the voice would come on but the screen would stay red so we would press the reset button ( which would promt the timer light to flash green for around a minute ) once it stopped we would turn the tv on and it would be just fine.now the tv wont even turn on or have any sound and that timer light blinks as if we have reset it except when it stops blinking it wont turn on. we can hear something turn on in the back of the tv but once the timer light stops blinking that shuts off too.it just keeps repeating that cycle so we unplugged it. help help help, someone said it could be the capasiters? help please please

Old 07-09-07, 07:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you are unfamiliar with electrical components, soldering, schematic reading, etc, this would probably not be a DIY type of job. There are various components within the set that can and seriously hurt you.

This sounds like it's a DM module and can be costly to repair, anywhere from $400 and up.

A DM module failure is common in your year made TV (2002-2006)

When I worked at Circuit City, I stressed to customers to fork out the extra $200 for a 4 yr in home warranty but some didn't, and I usually then had to deal with them a few years down the road.

Added: I found a place where people were having the same problem as you. Hopefully it helps.

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/printthread.php?t=18816

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 07-09-07 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added link

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: