RCA channel surfs

Old 08-14-07, 09:39 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question RCA channel surfs

I have a RCA 35" TV that will channel surf the same 3 channels. The picture and sound are good, but it only stays on a channel for about a second and then goes to the next? Model#F32444, Serial #D063C20JG, Chassis #ATC113CA1. I don't have any repair places very close and the ones I can find want $75 just to look at it. I took it apart and blew the dust out, still didn't work. The set is from 2003, not that old for a TV.

Old 08-14-07, 02:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Remove the case and disconnect the harness from the front controls. If it continues to change channels like this, throw the tv away because it's not worth fixing.

If it does stop changing channels when disconnect, you know you have a stuck, dirty, defective switch on the set.

Old 08-15-07, 07:13 PM
S
So far so good.

Did like you said and it kept channel surfing. So I figured what the hell. If the channel buttons are bad get rid of them. I took out the two buttons on the board that are for the channels and reconnected everything. So far so good. I just use the remote to change the channel the manual ones have been removed. We'll see how long it will last but so far it is working great.

Swinkey

Old 08-15-07, 07:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Good to hear it! Thanks for reporting back! Hopefully your "fix" can help future posters!

Old 08-21-07, 06:48 AM
Please clarify

Thank-you Swinkey for that report on what you did. But I have the same problem and I would appreciate it if you would clarify exactly what you did step by step.
How did you take the buttons out?

" I took out the two buttons on the board that are for the channels and reconnected everything. "

Last edited by cheryl01; 08-21-07 at 06:51 AM. Reason: make sure member knows to who i'm addressing question

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: