in wall speakers dilemma

Old 12-24-07, 02:43 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
in wall speakers dilemma

i just built a house and pre wired the rooms for in wall speakers, now that the house is done i went to hook up the speakers and i don't know where to start. I put in 5 speakers in the house. Only the dining room has a pair. The living room, bathroom and the deck all have single speakers. All of the wire runs to a central location and i need to hook up to a reciever. What kind of receiver do i need, and i need one that will give me independent control of the seperate areas.
Any Ideas

Thanks

Old 12-25-07, 07:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What type of sound and what type of speakers are you using?

A good setup would be to get a multi-zone receiver (most are) and a decent 12 channel amplifier. You will not be able to power these speakers with just a receiver, you need the amp.

Old 12-26-07, 04:43 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you haven't made arrangements for putting a volume control in each room you'll need something like this.

Keep in mind, too, that you have a mono system, not a stereo system. Stereo has two separate channels that feed two speakers in each listening zone. It's best to use a mono receiver/amp, or use a separate stereo amp for the DR and a mono amp for the rest.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: