Mitsubishi CS-31303 / CS-35303

Old 01-19-08, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi CS-31303 / CS-35303

Hello. My parents have a Mitsubishi TV (not sure which of the two model#'s) that was working great, and then the other day when it was powered up, it would not show a picture, nor does it have any sound.

You can hear a faint "Electrical Noise" (like all electronics have when they power up, and goes away when they power down). When the power button is pushed a second time to power down, you can hear it "click" and then shut off (electrical noise goes away).

They have had this TV for many years, and enjoy the picture quality. Any ideas or suggestion what could cause this issue? Does anyone know where I can get a service manual for this TV?

Let me know you thoughts. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-08, 06:19 AM
Try unplugging it from the wall for a few minutes to see if it resets.

How old is this TV? I'm getting mixed search results on the model numbers. One seems to be from the early 90's and the other from the late 90's/early 2000's. If it's early 90's, it's probably not worth repairing. The life expectancy of a TV is about 15 years max.

Old 01-21-08, 10:20 PM
I worked on lots of Mitsubishis and I can tell you there is no way anyone can give you helpful information by your description. This could be a power supply failure or problems in one of several other circuits that can cause this set to shut down. If you don't have tools and know how to check components, I'd say give it up. This is my best advice, sorry.

Old 01-27-08, 04:09 PM
Being that you work on lots of Mitsubishi TV's, do you have any PCB schematics / diagrams or a service manual for this model TV that you could share with me?

Although I do not repair TV's for a living, I have repaired electronic circuit boards on automotive systems. Provided I have a good road map (i.e. Service/Repair Manual), I think I will be able to make the necessary repairs, as I have done in the past with my Hitachi TV.

Let me know if you have any info you can share, or point me in the right direction. My Fluke meter, and soldering iron are ready for use. Thanks.

Old 01-28-08, 12:11 PM
I do have the service manual in paper form but I'm sorry I can't lend it out as I may need it any time. If you can tell me what type of problems you're having with the TV, and confirm your model number, then I'm sure I can put you on the right trak.

Old 01-31-08, 09:10 PM
Moonlite, thanks for getting back to me. I have been busy at work this past week, and I have not had a chance to get online. If you have the manual in Paper form, are you able to scan it into the computer, in a pdf format? Let me know. Thanks

Old 10-28-08, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by kretean View Post
Moonlite, thanks for getting back to me. I have been busy at work this past week, and I have not had a chance to get online. If you have the manual in Paper form, are you able to scan it into the computer, in a pdf format? Let me know. Thanks
Hi there kretean. Did you end up getting any kind of resolve on the cs35303? I have one with the same issue. I found, after taking it apart that the 12 volt coil is making the clicking. I assume this is trying to protect the tv. Let me know.

Old 09-28-10, 10:59 AM
have lost remote to mitsubishi tv model 35303 cant get it set back up, channels wont go lower than 16 can you help