Cable input to TV broke.

Old 01-22-08, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cable input to TV broke.

I know this is a really stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway. I dont want to have this TV repaired if I can avoid it. I have all kinds of inputs on the back such as digital tv, video inputs, etc. Is there anything I can buy to convert the cable into a different format so I can use another input sorce.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-08, 09:17 PM
Sorry I'm not sure I understand you. What do you mean by "broke" ? Did the RF connector come loose, or do you mean you no longer receive signal from your RCA input jacks ?
If the latest is the case, you can simply connect to another input source if you have it. Please explain more so I can help you better.

Old 01-22-08, 10:16 PM
You can try this.
Got an old vcr laying around. - cable into vcr. Composite cables, yellow, red, white from vcr to tv inputs.
Use a video channel on the tv. The vcr may have to be set to line 1.

fred,

Old 01-23-08, 06:35 AM
If I remember correctly, there's a Radio Shack within 5 miles of 95% of the US population.

I'd go there and look for a converter box that will take your cable in and output the highest quality signal your TV will accept.

From worst to best:
Composite (the yellow RCA plug)
S-Video (the round plug with the pins)
Component (Red, Green, Blue RCA plugs bundled together)
HDMI (the flat square plug - but you likely won't be able to convert the analog cable to HDMI without a new digital cable box)

Good luck,
Tom

Old 01-23-08, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by moonlite View Post
Sorry I'm not sure I understand you. What do you mean by "broke" ? Did the RF connector come loose, or do you mean you no longer receive signal from your RCA input jacks ?
If the latest is the case, you can simply connect to another input source if you have it. Please explain more so I can help you better.
Where you plug the cable into the TV. That broke inside the TV and will need repaired. I was looking for a cheap solution to get cable to the TV without connecting directly to the cable input Jack. I was hoping there was a way to connect using the video or digital input jacks. I knew I shouldnt have thrown away my last VCR but if that is the only way I could get my hands on a cheap one somewhere.

Old 01-23-08, 05:52 PM
A converter box is pretty cheap - available just about anywhere.

Old 01-23-08, 09:58 PM
Get a nice dvd recorder to serve as your tuner also. Kind of a bonus.