TV/Cable question

Old 06-03-08, 05:10 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
TV/Cable question

Was given a good working Hitachi color TV that most likely is analog being it is over 20 years old; it does male cable fitting on the back that allows you to screw your cable wire on, but, I find that I only get the first ten or so channels, mostly local all with good picture and reception. Do I need some type of box that will allow the TV to receive all the channels that I get on the rest of my TV's?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you. DIY has a great site with great people.

Dave Doran

Old 06-03-08, 05:27 AM
C
Smile

If it's 20 years old then yes you would need a cable box.

Old 06-03-08, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Many sets of that era (I still have 3 1988-vintage TV's) had a small switch marked "antenna/cable", usually concealed behind a door on the front of the TV, along with the video adjustment controls. You might check to see if you have such a switch, and if so, that its set to the "cable" position. If you can't find a switch, then it probably was not designed to be "cable ready" and will need the cable company box.

Old 06-03-08, 08:04 AM
D
Beachboy, thanks!!

You solved the problem and I thank you very much; sure enough there was a switch on the back for "normal" and Catv and now my problem is solved. I thank you very much for your prompt reply............just love this site, have turned many people on to it.

Dave Doran

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: